Bring on the Bats
One of the easiest ways to spruce up your apartment for any Halloween event is to decorate a part of your home you may not normally consider day to day: your ceiling. Hanging your Halloween decorations from the ceiling is a good way to make the most of your space and create a spooky atmosphere. Decorations like cobwebs and paper bats make for creepy ambiance that is perfect for any kind of Halloween celebration.
What you'll need:
- A stepladder
- Cotton balls
- Hair spray
- Black cardboard paper
- String or fishing line
- Tape or thumb tacks
- A friend to spot you
- You will need a stepladder to safely reach your ceiling. We do not recommend that you stand on chairs or furniture, as it could break or give way under you thus resulting in injury.
- Pull your cotton balls apart without tearing them to pieces. Make sure that while the strands get stretched, they do not break. Pull in every direction for the best effect.
- Hang the stretched out cotton balls from your ceiling, lamps or any household object.
- Use the hair spray to keep the cotton in place.
- Cut out silhouettes of bats and tie them to string. Use fishing line to create the illusion that the cut-outs are actually flying!
- Hang the bats from your ceiling using the stepladder and tape or thumb tacks. Make sure you have a friend to spot you in case you lose your balance on the stepladder.