Decorate a party with a creepy little spider pumpkin!
Naturally you don’t want your house filled with spiders this Halloween, but you should make an exception for these creepy spider pumpkins. They make great Halloween decorations without having to subject yourself to any real creepy crawlies. Making these little homemade decorations is simple enough, though you may have to pick up a few things at the store. It’ll still cost you less than buying Halloween decorations to decorate a party!
What you’ll need:
- Mini pumpkins; generally 3 ½ inches in diameter but the size is up to you
- Pipe cleaners
- Mini candles (optional)
- Carve out a mini pumpkin carefully. You want to make sure the sides and bottom of the pumpkin are not carved out too much. This is optional, but the final effect looks great.
- Bend eight of the pipe cleaners to make legs; position them the way that you want and then insert them into the sides of the pumpkin.
- Optional: Place the candles into the pumpkin as you would a jack-o’-lantern. If you make enough of these little guys, you can turn the lights off and create an even spookier atmosphere because at first glance, all anyone will see are the legs!
- When you place these spider pumpkins around your house, make sure that there are no flammable items around. Keep an eye on the candle; another great part about these Halloween decorations is that the pumpkin will collect the wax as it drips, keeping your surfaces clean.