Taking a jack-o'-lantern to a whole new level
Boring jack-o'-lanterns are a thing of the past. These Halloween decorations have been given an update to ghoul-o'-lanterns. If you want to make decorations like this, it may cost you a little bit more, unless you have a mannequin hanging around somewhere! Without a doubt, a ghoul-o'-lantern is the perfect thing to decorate a party with.
What you’ll need:
- A pumpkin
- Carving materials
- A mannequin or dressmaker’s dummy
- Plywood long enough to attach the pumpkin to the dummy securely
- Carve the pumpkin as you see fit. Any template will work and this is where you can let your creativity shine through.
- Attach the pumpkin to the mannequin or dummy. The easiest way is to use plywood, a few nails, and a hammer if you want it to be really secure. A dummy is easiest because it typically has a flat surface at the top of the neck.
- Cut or rip the cheesecloth so it looks tattered and drape it around the dummy.
- Position it on your porch or right inside your foyer to greet and scare your guests.