Decorate a party with spooky silhouettes!
Hopefully you won’t actually hang people for dramatic effect this Halloween! Stick to silhouettes if you want spooky Halloween decorations. Making spooky silhouettes for your windows is incredibly easy if you want to decorate a party with homemade decorations. When you make decorations, your party is much more personal and creative. The best part about these Halloween decorations is you can make them in any shape. Make your silhouettes into real people and your party will be that much spookier, thanks to your homemade decorations.
What you’ll need:
- Measuring tape
- Construction paper
- Pinking shears
- Dark-colored or gray house paint
- White cotton fabric
- Curtain rod (this can easily be done in a window that already has curtains and a curtain rod so you don’t have to worry about getting one)
- Measure your window. You will want to add two inches to the window length for the curtain rod sleeve.
- Cut the white cotton fabric and the chiffon as the measurements dictate.
- Trace the outline from the templates, or trace freehand, onto the cotton fabric.
- Paint the inside of the outline with the dark-colored or gray house paint and allow it to dry overnight.
- Hold the chiffon and the painted fabric together and sew the extra two inches you saved together to form a sleeve for the curtain rod.
- Slide your curtain onto the rod and hang it in the window so the silhouette and the chiffon face outwards.