Looking to add a degree of mystery and wonder to your home this Halloween? Creating a mist to billow out from underneath your doorway is a great way to produce a sense of the mystic and paranormal. Imagine walking up to someone's door as you see mist steeping out the door frame. Imagine then knocking and opening that door as the mist comes down like a wall, revealing your very well prepared neighbor holding a bowl of candy. Pretty cool, right? It's easier to do than you might think.
With some well-placed dry ice and water, you too could create this exciting effect this coming Halloween. And if you can't get dry ice, fear not, a smoke machine can do the job just as well.
What you'll need:
- Dry ice
- Industrial strength rubber gloves
- A plastic container
- A smoke machine
- Put on the rubber gloves and carefully place the dry ice in the plastic container.
- Place the plastic container, with the dry ice, next to or near your door frame.
- Pour water over the dry ice to create a smoke effect.
- Periodically pour water over the dry ice as the water vapor dissipates to create a steady stream of spooky mist all night long.
- Buy a smoke machine.
- Set the smoke machine to periodically release more water vapor.
- Place the smoke machine next to or near your door frame.
- Turn on your smoke machine.
*Always handle dry ice with care, and always use dry ice in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of reach of children. Speak to your ice sales associate or expert for more information.