Homemade fake blood
Fake blood is a great way to make a Halloween costume creepy. The best part about fake blood is that you don’t need to go out and buy special Halloween makeup to begin making blood that looks realistic. Fake blood can be made out of ingredients you have around the house and will look just as realistic as any Halloween makeup you could go out and buy!
What you’ll need:
- ½ bottle of light corn syrup
- Hot water
- Liquid soap
- Red food coloring
- Blue or green food coloring (optional, depending on your needs)
- A mixing bowl
- Pour the corn syrup and hot water alternatively into the bowl and stir, until you have reached the consistency you want.
- Squirt in the liquid soap. This makes taking the fake blood off a lot easier later after it has dried.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring. If the color you get isn’t dark enough, you can add in a drop or two of blue or green food coloring as well.
- Until you’re ready to use the fake blood, it’s advised that you store it in a refrigerator.
- Apply fake blood to your Halloween costume wherever you need it!
- When you’re done, wash it off with more soap and water.