Homemade Fake Skin
Fake skin is a good addition to any gory costume. Whether you are going for a wounded action hero or the undead, some wounds will help to elevate your costume. You don't have to spend on one use latex glue-ons that fall off halfway through the night. With this simple recipe you can create convincing and sturdy fake skin for your gruesome costume this Halloween.
What you'll need:
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 4 tsp water
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- ¼ tsp cocoa mix
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl and stir in half of the water.
- Add the food coloring and stir.
- Add the rest of the water and another drop of food coloring if needed. Stir.
- Stir until you have a rubbery consistency to your mixture and then add the cocoa.
- Stir until well mixed.
You can store this mixture in the fridge to keep it from drying out, or you can make it the night of your event. Add fake blood (recipe here) to really up the ante.